Accredited Practicing Dietitian & Personal Trainer
With a degree in Nutrition and Dietetics, Sophie is an Accredited Practicing Dietitian (APD) as well as a qualified Personal Trainer. With this knowledge from both fields, she can provide you with all the nutritional support, motivation and guidance you need to achieve your health and fitness goals, and to sustain this lifestyle for life.
There is so much information available to the public and fitness industry on nutrition, what to eat and what not to eat. Unfortunately, many claims and nutrition messages are incorrect, unreliable or are inappropriately perceived and misinterpreted. Likewise, it doesn't focus specifically on the individual. Sophie intends to deliver individualised nutritional advice and meal plans to ensure you are looking after your health sustainably using evidence-based and safe practice. .
In her words: My view on nutrition and healthy eating is all about the 80:20 rule – 80% of the time you choose healthy foods that nourish your body, and the other 20% consists of foods that are good for the soul (more indulgent foods, 'sometimes foods').
Life should be enjoyed. Treating yourself with good food and spending time with your partner and/or family and socialising with friends is vital for a healthy mind, and should not be missed or filled with worry. I believe this 'approach' to healthy eating and nutrition is sustainable, achievable and allows you to enjoy the good things in life.
Bachelor of Nutrition and Dietetics – Accredited Practicing Dietitian (APD)
Cert 3 & 4 in Fitness
Remedial Massage and Structural Integration Therapist
As a registered nurse Sophia has always had a passion for helping people. Her own journey with recurrent injury left Sophia frustrated that her symptoms were often treated but the pain kept coming back. With a remedial massage foundation and certification in Structural Integration, Sophia treats a range of movement dysfunctions and pain issues with a “root cause” approach.
In her words: Over time we accumulate stress and store it somewhere within the body. Whether that be a stressful job, family stressors or simply not moving enough, your body responds to it's environment and if the environment is imbalanced, your body will be too! The site of pain is often not the problem. So I treat postural patterns, I don't treat symptoms.
I help active men and women with poor movement patterns and pain move more effectively by becoming more aware of their body and postural patterns.
Good bodywork, whether it be physiotherapy, chiropractic or massage should create long term change. This means looking beyond your shoulder, back, hip or knee pain and assessing your body as a whole functioning unit.
You are unique just as your treatments should be. Structural Integration puts you back in the drivers seat of your body so you can experience life to its full potential – pain free.